Monday, October 10, 2011

Tools of the Trade: On-the-go Tools

Hi again neighbors -

In a previous article I briefly talked about apps I use as an entrepreneur but didn't really go into that much detail about the hardware. One significant tool that unquestionably increases my productivity is my Verizon Motorola Droid X2.

I joke that my smart phone is my BFF but I told myself when I was thinking about purchasing a smart phone that I would only make the investment if it increased my productivity by 10%. I made the leap a couple years ago and totally worth it! My IT friend loves everything Google and I've been drinking the Kool-Aid ever since. Sure I miss out on some apps like Instagram for the iPhone but my phone syncs with all the Google applications I already use without skipping a beat: Gmail, Calendar, Documents, Picasa, and Reader, all while helping me with a load of other functions that keep me moving forward. Check out the list below for just a few reasons why I think my smart phone rocks!

- I can tweet and Twitpic while roaming around the IE.
- I jot down my brainstorming ideas with Evernote. Evernote is an app on your phone and all notes are uploaded to the web where I can access at a later time.
- Also, this may sound nerdy, but I also use the Google record app to record random ideas. I then review the saved recording to determine my next action items.
- I can also access Basecamp Mobile, the project management software that syncs with my online account.
- The Hootsuite app lets me make on the fly updates to any scheduled posts.
- Google's Blogger app allows me to start drafting my blog posts so that I can finish them up later.
- Audible.com mobile app allows me to add business books to my library so that I can listen to books while on the go. Very useful especially when you don't have a lot of time to read.

Do you have a gadget you can't live without? Share it with us on FB or tweet us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...