Thursday, January 12, 2012

MLK Weekend Good Times

Hi neighbors!

It's the first three day weekend of the year and I could use a little break already! I'm looking forward to escaping the fluorescent lights of my office and heading outside. I've compiled a list of local spots where good times could be had by all this three day weekend.

Do you already have plans or have I missed something that's a definite no-brainer must do? I'd love to hear where you'll be headed. Give us a shout on Facebook or Tweet us.  


------------

THREE DAY WEEKEND ITINERARY

OUTDOORS
Let's start the day with a brisk hike at any of our local mountains or a U.S. National Park. All weekend U.S. National Parks will be FREE! (FYI, Joshua Tree National Park is a local favorite).  Or join a local hiking group in Big Bear.  If I'm not feeling like a hike I may try to catch the Saturday morning Garden Walking Club at the Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Gardens in Claremont.

ACTIVE
Or try something new like belly dancing at Rancho's own Hadia Habib's. If not belly dancing there's always kickboxing in Redlands. First class is FREE!

RELAX
After a work out I'll probably head to any one of our local spas like Glen Ivy Spa in Corona or Ontario's Ciela Mio Day Spa. $29 for a 30 minute massage sounds like a great way to relax.




GETAWAY
Also, it's not too late to just get away entirely and book a place in Big Bear, Lake Arrowhead and another one of my favorites - Idyllwild. This place in particular just seems like a fun modern treehouse, no?  Plus it's on the waterfront.




Another one of my favorite things to do during a long weekend - or at any time really - is eat out!  I'm going to check out a few new spots I've been dying to try.  I'll be getting my sweet fix at Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour. Also, I'm especially looking forward to RaPour's jazz brunch on Sunday and I'll probably top if off with some outstanding burgers from Eureka!Burger in Claremont.



Whew...that seems like quite a list but I know I'm leaving out a lot.  I'll just have to cram in as much fun in a 72 hour period as humanly possible.  Have a wonderful three-day, everyone!

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...