Thursday, September 29, 2011

Gallery of Introductions: Tara McPherson

In a late night working session I looked to my left wall of art for inspiration. This time I was featuring the collection of Tara McPherson postcards and stickers I had taped to my wall. Just added the cloth and the book of her illustrations (which I got signed at Comic-Con by the lovely artist herself) and voila! Another blog series is born.

I've been collecting postcards, stickers, books, and other collateral of contemporary "urban" or "alternative" art for over 10 years. I'm no expert by any means but I'm going to take a page out of the famous art collecting couple the Vogels and share the collection I have with the public. I don't have an amazing collection but I still have something I can share and since I don't have a physical gallery our online world will have to do.

So ladies and gentlemen, I introduce you to Tara McPherson.

gallery of intros_092611_1

gallery of intros_092611_2

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...