Monday, October 25, 2010

Twitter Strategy

So, I jumped the gun and asked my admin assistant to get ready to help me with Twitter tactics, all before I came up with a clear strategy or did any research. I'm a brand manager by day but, unfortunately, I haven't had that much exposure to the social media strategy for the company where I am employed. I've read tons of articles but never had to apply any of the knowledge. So, that's what I'm doing this evening. I'm reviewing articles, other strategies and recommendations - anything I can find online. Here's what I've come across so far. Warning - these are old articles but definitely still useful and a start...

Create a Twitter Following by Guy Kawasaki
This article sums up some great tactics to follow like (1) Send @ messages to the "smores" (social media whores) because, "It's not who you know. It's who appears to know you" (2) Follow everyone who follows you (3) Establish yourself as a subject expert (4) Repeat your tweets. These are only a few of the suggestions he makes.

Five Market-Research Tools for Twitter from Entrepreneur.com.
This article provides useful research tools to find out more about your target audience and competitors who are using Twitter. One really useful tool I started using immediately after I read this article was search.twitter.com.

And another compelling article is Find Your Audience Now. This article provides various online tools used to find hyper-local audiences - something that could prove to be very useful for me since my site focuses on a geo-targeted audience.

I'm definitely not done researching and I'll continue to post new useful articles I find, but hopefully this is enough to get me started.

AddThis

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...